Places, places, places…
Limping Devil Press provided this prompt:
In this week’s writing prompt, place takes center stage. To bring forward place in this, and perhaps future writing, make a list of at least 8 place you have lived. For each place identified and written down, associate a noun with it. For example:
1. New York – Jack Kerouac.
Next, provide that place and its associate with a sentence, like so:
1. New York – Jack Kerouac: I arrived in New York with the belief that I missed Jack Kerouac by about five minutes.
Here goes my list:
- Cape May County, NJ-sand: The sand of Cape May County beaches is forever a part of me.
- New Brunswick, NJ-music: A DJ saved my life; the music in New Brunswick was an elixir to my soul.
- South River, NJ-tears: I cried many tears secretly in South River.
- Dover, DE-highway: The highway to and from work was long when I lived in Dover.
- Chester, PA-grit: Work and life were filled with grit during all my days in Chester.
- Carneys Point, NJ-freedom: I found freedom when I moved to Carneys Point.
- Salem, NJ-history: The settlement of Salem is older than Philadelphia; its houses are an integral part of US history.
- San Bernardino, CA-home: I had to go all the way across the country to San Bernardino to find home.