Just when things were looking a bit bleak, I was provided with two new bits of bling for my bloggy-space.
First, Neenslewy over at awritersfountain nominated me for a Liebster! I’ve placed it here for its sheer blingy-ness and posted it over in the Trophy Case also. Thank you thank you thank you my friend!
The rules for the Liebster are
- 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator
- Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers
- Leave them 11 questions to answer
So here goes.
Random weird things about me:
- I was born and raised in southern New Jersey; it’s not as horrid as people make it out to be.
- I have lived in four states: New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and California.
- I once was quite serious about having a skunk for a housepet. I researched it and it’s possible but I decided not to once I found out they need both feline and canine shots. That was a bit weird (not to mention pricey).
- One of my favorite foods is albacore tuna. Could eat it every day.
- I consider my second marriage to be the best thing ever.
- I am disappointed that we do not yet have cars like the Jetsons; not so much flying cars, but cars that can fold up into a briefcase that one could carry into the office–how wonderful that would be for city parking.
- I used to be allergic to pollen, peanuts, and chocolate. I’ve managed to cure myself of two out of three…
- I wish our dogs could talk; I do not have the same wish for our cats most of the time because their faces give away what they are thinking.
- At the age of 18 I applied for a job at a casino; not wanting to start at the bottom, I think it was for a pit boss job. Didn’t get it.
- I grew to hate spinach as a child and as an adult basically only eat it raw in salads.
- My next appliance purchase will most likely be a combo blender/juicer I saw at Costco.
From my nominator:
- What is your favourite book? Hoban’s “The Mouse & His Child”
- What would be your chosen pen name? AR Neal (it’s the one I actually use)
- What’s your favourite film(s)? There are too many to name, but most are in the science fiction genre
- Do you have any hobbies or things you like to do in your spare time? I write and experiment with technology
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would that be? Marrakesh
- The greatest lesson you have learnt in life? The physical body heals much more quickly than the spiritual heart
- Your hopes for the future? (Could be your future, the planet, your Country) I hope to be able to care for my family in a better way by having a good job; I have a job now but it is about to end in about two months and I am afraid
- Name three things you did this morning. 1) Got a doctor’s appointment for my son, 2) responded to a couple of writing prompts, 3) did some reading
- What was your first job? Working at a drug store; my dad worked there part-time and helped me get a job there too. I started when I was 16
- Who is your hero/ person you admire and are inspired by? My nana
- If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be? I would be wealthy in order to give more to those who need it
Now this wasn’t very simple, as I am one of the newer bloggers in the bloggy-space that I have chosen to nest in. So here is a list of 11 relatively new blogs that I’d like to nominate, in no particular order:
Questions for my nominees, should they be so inclined to answer:
- Out of all the places you’ve lived, what was your favorite?
- Cats, dogs, or both?
- Has your use of technology changed over the past five years and if so, how?
- What is your primary chosen genre of writing/expression?
- What was your favorite childhood toy?
- Name an interesting thing you saw during your last time as a passenger.
- What one food could you never do without?
- Whose books do you love to read and why?
- If money were no object, what book would you make into a movie?
- If you were forced to wake up tomorrow as someone else, who would you want to be?
- How do you want to be remembered?
Second, K.A. DaVur over at News from the Guild bestowed the Versatile Blogger award upon me. It too is now displayed in the Case and below for your viewing pleasure.
As with many such awards, there are rules.
- Thank and link to the person who gave you the award.
- Tell seven facts about yourself.
- Pass it on to seven other bloggers.
- Link to specific posts on their blogs so they’ll be notified by pingback. I’ve also notified my recipients by commenting on specific posts, since I read them every day anyway!
Thank you thank you thank you, K.A.! Number 1, check.
Seven facts? Well, there are 11 above; I think that’s more than enough info about me for now… Number 2, check.
Pass it on to seven other bloggers? Okay, here we go, again in no particular order. Number 3 and 4, check and about to be check.