So I was minding my own business a few days ago when a reverberation went through the cave.
It was djmatticus, tossing things from over at the kingdom. Now, when random questions get tossed at you from a kingdom, what choice is there but to
fly into a rage or run out and do an extremely silly walk through your neighborhood respond, especially when you are voted “awesome” during such lobbing and tossing? Exactly.
The not-so-good news? There are rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/Twitter and let them know they’ve been tagged.
Harumf. In honor of No Rules Monday (it’s really a thing!!! Honest! Just ask Camille over at A Sorta Fairytale!), I will deal with the rules I choose.
First, I posted the rules (darn it! already ruined my plan of contrariness…).
Second, I have my actual self in my profile photo, and there are all kinds of random facts to be found out about me on this site. However, here are a couple that I don’t think I’ve mentioned before (in honor of No Rules Monday, there will not be 11):
- I used to be ambidextrous and evidently passed it on to my son. When he was small he used to use his right hand exclusively; when he hit junior high, he decided he’d had enough of that and started writing with his left hand.
- I would join a group that was lobbying to have chocolate declared a food group.
- If it could be guaranteed that I wouldn’t get eaten, I would like to meet a Yeti.
Okay, on to the third point, the questions that were tossed at the cave and my responses:
1. If the world were being overrun by zombies, what would be your weapon of choice, and why? I would need a hovercraft and a crossbow. Is there a need to answer why? Really?
2. Would you have rather been Butch Cassidy or the Sundance Kid, and why? Definitely Sundance, because he was great with a gun. Butch was too busy being cute…
3. Which superhero movie is your least favorite, and why? I’ve never been a Superman fan. I think because he was just too much of a goody-good guy. Plus his ‘regular guy’ disguise was rotten (a pair of glasses made him unrecognizable?) and the whole kryptonite thing was weird.
4. What movie can bring you to tears without fail? Wow, just one?! Okay, the ending monologue in “Lackawanna Blues;” it tells of the downfall of the true meaning of neighborhood. Deep stuff.
5. Have you ever said, “Oh captain, my captain” to someone? Um, no …
6. If you answered “yes” to #5, why did you do it? If you answered “no” to #5, do you at least know the reference? (go ahead and yell: I’ve never made it all the way through DPS. Can’t say specifically why though…)
7. If you answered “no” to #5 and “no” to #6, what is your favorite Robin Williams movie? Otherwise, what is your favorite Mel Brooks movie? My favorite RW movies (yep, No Rules Monday so I’m giving two) have to be “What Dreams May Come” and “Awakenings.”
8. If you gave your favorite Mel Brooks movie in answer to #7, what is your favorite Robin Williams movie? If you gave your favorite Robin Williams movie in answer to #7, what is your favorite Mel Brooks movie? Favorite MB movies would have to be “Young Frankenstein” and “Robots.”
9. Did you see what I just did there? Harumf; I was about to give my two favorite MB movies in #7 but happened to sneak a peak at #8…
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, with a movie player and a big screen TV, and you could only have one movie from each of the following genres, which ones would you want with you? Drama? Western? Comedy? Action? Thriller? Wow, fortunately for me my hovercraft from #1 has a long range so I could go get other movies once in a while… Here they are in the order of genre as listed: “No Country for Old Men,” “True Grit,” “The Pink Panther Strikes Again,” “Minority Report,” and (of course!) “The Car.”
11. Have many of these questions had nothing to do with movies? Well, at most two of them–#1 (since zombies are real, after all…) and #9 (because you were trying to see if I was paying attention instead of watching tv or something).
Fourth and fifth: I’ve decided to link back to my original 11 questions from a previous post and will leave it up to you, the humble reader, to post answers and a link to your blog, in the comment section. That way, we can have a tagging good time, yes? Here’s a link to that post but for your copying convenience here are the questions:
- Coffee, tea, or both?
- Yellow or white paper?
- What’s the strangest surface upon which you have recorded a story idea?
- Worst nightmare: vampire, werewolf, or ghoul?
- What movie or cartoon gadget would you like to have in real life and why?
- If money were no object, where would you live?
- What’s your least favorite food and why?
- Cookies, cakes, or both?
- Motorcycle or car?
And there you have it! Tag!