The royal decree went out. Not that there was anyone for it to actually go out to: she was alone. But there was still a decree, worded thusly:
- There will always be palatable food.
- There will always be drinkable water.
- There will always be a bathroom (with WC and shower).
- There will always be personal cleaning products.
- There will always be the internet.
She surveyed her kingdom and was satisfied.
The pixies at the Daily Post wanted to revisit a theme:
A classic question, revisited: what are the five items you must have on a deserted island?
As long as there are the basics (food, water, ability to get clean, proper waste facilities, and ability to connect to something–like my blog, of course!), deserted island living would be a snap.
And if some poetic license could be taken, I would add at least one cave too. A cave-dweller is oft lost without her cave.