Okay, so this isn't exactly what our friends over at the Daily Post were looking for today, but this is where the prompt took me. And if you don't know Ren and Stimpy, and the famous "Happy Happy, Joy Joy" song, you've missed out for 20 years (yep, Ren Hoek and Stimpson J. Cat are 20!). Feel free to click on the photo to go to the Nickelodeon page and hear the song, if you like. Anyway, the prompt for today really is as follows:
“And they lived happily ever after.” Think about this line for a few minutes. Are you living happily ever after? If not, what will it take for you to get there?
Wow, really?!I have my moments of being blissfully happy, and then reality sets in.
- I am brought back to the present by a street-side conversation with a homeless person who seems more centered than I am.
- I see a news story about some ungrateful Hollywood starlet in trouble.
- I read something about unrest in the world.
- I hear about a senseless shooting.
- I look in my bank account and realize that while I am struggling to make ends meet I have more than most.
I often think I would be happier if I could give more, do more good, make the world a better place. And I try to do that within my oh-so-tiny sphere of influence. I think that's all we can do.